The Makerspace Studio is an independent recording space located next to the Makerspace. Patrons can use this room to record audio and video directly to their own devices, or use the available Makerspace equipment and save to their own external storage drive. The Studio will need to be reserved in advance by calling during Makerspace Open Lab hours (801-229-7277) or by emailing Matt Kammerer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Patrons will record their own footage & audio independently. Staff cannot assist with filming, recording, editing or producing any content.
- Staff will provide a brief tutorial about the space and equipment as an introduction to the space on your first visit. Patrons are encouraged to invite an assistant to aid them with recording their audio & video projects.
- Due to the small nature of the room, only 4 people can occupy the Studio. Only 1 person can fit in the Sound booth.
- Patrons will need a large flash storage device to take their recorded files from the Studio when their recording session is complete. Recordings will not be saved or archived.
- More detailed instructions, tutorials & user agreements will be posted shortly.
Makerspace Studio Equipment:
Studio Cameras – Canon EOS M50, Canon XF300, iPad, iPod Touch
Studio Microphones – MOVO VXR10 compact shotgun microphone, PowerDeWise lavalier microphone
Studio Lighting – GVM LS-P80S LED Light with Softbox, Litepanels 1×1 5600k-Flood LED lights with color gel filters
Glide Gear TMP50 teleprompter for iPad-app scrolling text
Julius Studio Light Reflector for video or photo lighting
Whisperroom sound booth with Samson G Track Pro studio microphone for single-user recording on iMac