We may automatically collect summary information, stored in a "cookie" specific to this web site. This information is used to improve the content of our Web pages. No other information is gathered from your browser. The summary information is not traceable to a particular Visitor unless the Visitor has voluntarily identified himself or herself. If a Visitor logs in to conduct business, transactions may be tracked and changes maintained on our backend systems for both troubleshooting and confirmation purposes. Any information requested to conduct business is for our internal use to service your request. The credit Card information is kept on a separate secure server and it is not accessible by any other entities except the City
We do not share information gathered at our web site with any other government agency or private company. We may however, share information with third parties in response to a subpoena; to prevent fraud; to comply with an inquiry by a government agency or other regulator; or as necessary for other legal purposes.
Orem City Library may make changes to our online privacy policies occasionally. We recommend that Visitors to our site review our online privacy policies from time to time to learn of new privacy practices and changes to our policies.
Orem City Library will make every attempt to ensure that the information contained on our web site is accurate and up-to-date. However we cannot make any guarantees and reserve the right to make changes, corrections, and adjustments to the website as needed and will not be held liable for any incorrect or incomplete information. If you have questions regarding the Orem City Library's web site please contact the appropriate department for assistance.
Orem City Library
58 North State Street
Orem, UT 84057
Looking to access your favorite magazines through Zinio? Follow this link.
Questions? Check out the instructions below to set up your account.
Do You Want a Tour of the Library?
Because certain times of day are easier for our staff to dedicate to library tours, please call 801-229-7161 ahead of time to schedule a tour with us.
Our librarians are available to give tours to scout groups of all ages. Here are some of the things that we do with scout groups:
- Help them find the newspaper from the day they were born online
- Explore the Dewey Decimal System
- How to take care of library books
- Recommend some great books and help them find the ones they are interested in
- Take a walking tour of the library
We love preschool children and are happy to give them a tour of the library. Here are some of the things that we do:
- Sit in front of the stained glass window and talk about the fairy tales that are represented
- Read a story
- Talk about book care, what to do and not to do
- Depending on the size of the group we can take a walking tour of the library
- We can do a themed storytime if you would like it to fit with your curriculum
Our librarians can do a storytime for an elementary school class. Many of these happen in May, so if you would like to schedule with us, please call with plenty of advance notice. Our schedule fills up fast! Here are some of the things we offer:
- Storytime -- This can be topic specific and can involve puppets and props
- Book Care -- What not to do and what to do when a book is damaged
- Research Help -- We can show your students the wonderful online databases and research tools available to them through the library's website. In addition we have some great reference books to help with science projects and reports.
Do you have another type of group that you would like to bring? Please call and talk with us. We also have librarians available to come to you and do an outreach program. Our phone number is 801-229-7161. See you soon!