When to find us
The Orem Library is open Monday through Friday 9am until 9pm and on Saturdays from 9am until 6pm. We are closed Sundays and Holidays. Click here for a list of observed holidays.
If you need to return books outside of these hours, a 24 drive through book and media drop is located on the North side of the Library.
Through this website, patrons can also search the Orem Library Catalog and access Online Databases with thousands of articles, downloadable books and audiobooks, and more. These services are free to Orem Library patrons, and are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
How to find us
The Main Library is located at 58 North State Street in Orem, Utah at the north end of the City Center Complex (on the northeast corner of State and Center Streets). Parking is to the east of the library building and is accessed from 100 North. If you need assistance please call 229-7050.
The Orem Public Library houses more than 280,000 items in 62,939 square feet, including books and non-print titles. It is one of the busiest single-branch libraries in the State of Utah, with 1.4 million items checked out annually.
Call or Come In...
- Main Desk/Circulation: 229-7050
- Automated Renewal: 229-7431
- General Reference: 229-7175
- Children's Reference: 229-7161
- Media Reference: 229-7044
- Volunteering: 229-7384
- Donations: 229-7398
- Administration: 229-7448
- P.E.R.C.: 229-7390
Don't have an Orem Library card?
To obtain an Orem Library card you must:
- Be 18 years old with a current government, school or employer issued photo ID that includes your full name OR at least 5 years old with a parent or legal guardian in attendance and able to sign the library card application (this parent or legal guardian must also have an Orem Library account and have photo identification present).
- Reside in Orem or Provo
- Nonresidents are required to pay a nonresident fee of $50 for six months or $100 for one year. Lindon, Vineyard, Alpine and Cedar Hills will reimburse a portion of that amount.
- Provide proof of current address
- Proof of address needs to be current and must be one of the following: driver's license, utility bill, car registration, checking/savings account statement, or rental receipt/agreement).
- If you don't have an Orem Library account and are a resident of Orem or Provo, you can preregister for a card by clicking here and choosing "New Library Account - Preregistration".
- To receive your library card after preregistration, you must complete your registration by presenting a current photo ID and proof of current address to the Library's circulation desk within 14 days. If you are under 18, your parent or legal guardian must be present at the time of registration with their own photo ID and Orem Library card.
What is Available at the Library?
Orem Public Library has over 310,000 items in its collection. They include:
- Books, fiction and non-fiction, for readers of all ages
- Videos & DVDs, both entertainment and educational
- Electronic databases and Internet access
- Music on compact discs and audio tapes
- Books on tape and books on CD
- Magazines and newspapers
- Sheet music
How long can I keep items?
- Materials check out for three weeks with one three week renewal. Exceptions are:
- New, high demand items - 2 week checkout, no renewal
- Music CDs and cassette tapes - 2 week checkout, optional 2 week renewal
- DVDs/Videos - 1 week checkout, $1.00 fee
- DVDs/Videos with four or more discs - 2 week checkout, $.50 fee per disc, 1 week renewal
Most late materials are subject to a $.10 per day fine. Videos and DVDs are $.50 per day. A $5.00 late fee is added when an item becomes 30 days overdue. Charge for damaged or lost items is our cost to replace plus a $4.00 processing fee.
All but specifically marked items may be returned through our 24 hour drive-up book-drop, located on the north side of the Library. For further information, call 801-229-7050.
What if I can't find what I need?
- Requests may be placed on an item in the catalog that is checked out or is otherwise unavailable. To make a request, call 229-7175 or click on My Account.
- Provo Public Library allows Orem Public Library card users to register their card free of charge. The Provo Library website may be accessed at www.provo.lib.ut.us.
- Interlibrary Loan Service is available to Orem Library patrons for many items that Orem or Provo Library does not own. To make an Interlibrary Loan Request, click here, or call 229-7175.
Now Accepting Applications
Come lend a hand to make your library great. Individuals 14 years old and above, as well as groups, are needed on either a one-time or ongoing basis for:
- Covering and cleaning books
- Repairing Library materials
- Assisting with inventories
- Maintaining the ongoing book sale
- Shelving books
- Shelf reading
- . . . and many other special projects
Criminal Background Check Form (For volunteers 18 and over only.)
The Orem Public Library welcomes donations of book and media materials. Donated items may be added to our collection or sold in our ongoing book sale to raise funds for new materials. You may also make a monetary contribution to the Orem Library. You may choose to earmark your cash donation for general library needs or for the purchase of memorial books.
If you have questions regarding donations or memorial books contact Sharon Whetten at the Orem Public Library by calling our main number, 229-7050.
Orem Public Library is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.